We have chosen to rid our front and back yards of trees. yes i know all the good things about them, shade, oxygen, animal habitat, etc but when the pine needles have taken over.....it's time to say adios! Right now the tree man is next door taking care of our neighbors trees, then he will move on to our yard. We are so excited! The only problem is that we will have to take down the back fence, and the chicken pen, and the goat pen.... yikes! I think we will most likely end up relocating their coop and shed up against the back of the house with one pen for both. Surely goats and chickens can cohabitate for a week? Oh i sure hope so! Then we will need to put another fence up to keep the dogs close to the house. oh, and can't forget the bunny hutch....that will have to be moved as well. And then there's the matter of my trusty man servant and his parts car that doesn't run and is parked in the way. I guess we will be taking down yet another fence and pushing that thing further into the back yard so that the trees out front can come down! I will be posting progress pictures once this gets underway! I can't wait to have enough sunshine to grow grass in the yard, not to mention less shade in the garden! Sweet :)
I also got started with my medicinal herb training. I maserated dandelion and in nine days i will finish the process....then i will show and tell!
Now, off i go to watch a forest become a glade.....
cheers,
Nyn
Not really homesteading
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment